Sunday, July 25, 2010

Training when you don't feel like it

Today I didn't feel much like getting a workout in.  I was feeling a bit tired, it was hot out, and also Sunday (which I almost always make an off day).  Oh yeah, and my training partner was nearly electrocuted at work the other night and thus wouldn't be able to make the session.  I felt a bit silly having texted him to ask if he was coming over - I was off work yesterday and thus hadn't heard of his situation.

I realize most of these excuses are pretty lame, and anyone who wants to get into the habit of training regularly needs to be able to overcome.

Because of my work schedule, I knew that if I didn't get a workout in today, I would be out of sync for the next 3 days.  I reheated and drank a half cup of coffee left over from the morning, then filled my water bottle up with cold water, grabbed my ipod and headed out to the backyard.

Ended up having an excellent Heavy day RoP workout in.  On some of the sets of Clean and Presses I seriously felt as though I had my 16kg kettlebell in my hand instead of the 20!  I was quite tired but not totally spent at the end of it all.

What are some of the things that tempt you to skip a training day?  If you do end up getting to the gym (or wherever you train) do you find the workout to be better than usual?

No comments:

Post a Comment