Wednesday, June 30, 2010

A great session with an RKC

There aren't really any RKC trainers locally here in the Niagara Region.  There are some trainers from other certifications, but as far as I'm concerned Dragon Door is the absolute top of the line when it comes to kettlebell training for fitness and since I want to eventually certify with them I want to stick with consistent methods when I seek coaching.  I've trained with Dave Whitley (Master RKC)  and Matt McBryde (RKC) but they're based in Nashville, TN and I can't very easily stop by their place for a form check every few months!  This is why I leaped at an opportunity that recently presented itself on the dragondoor.com forums.  An RKC who is headed from his home in New Zealand (!) to Minnesota to take the RKC Level 2 course stopped by my neck of the woods and was in need of some kettlebells to train with for a bit before heading up to the course.  I volunteered mine and yesterday I went with a friend to drop them off in Beamsville.  We then proceeded to train for well over an hour with Mike Capper, RKC who was extremely helpful to both of us.  On more than one occasion Mike absolutely wowed us with how quickly he was able to spot what we were doing wrong and give us extremely helpful advice on how to improve. That ability (and willingness) to help others is exactly why I am so interested in getting myself certified.  I hope to be able to meet up with Mike later this week before he heads off to finish his journey to St. Paul.

No comments:

Post a Comment