Sunday, June 27, 2010

Why Kettlebells?

I have been a fan of kettlebells for a long time.  They've become quite popular these days, featured on major weight loss TV shows and even earning themselves a book in the "...for Dummies" series (which is apparently very well done).  I think I've had one since about 2004.  I got my red Superhero Strength 16kg kettlebell and immediately loved it.  It was heavy and it was different - nobody else I knew had one or had ever even mentioned one.  I had read Pavel Tsatsouline's Russian Kettlebell Challenge book, and believed that I was holding the world's most powerful exercise tool.  Over 6 years later I still love them.  On several occasions I have taken long breaks from using mine, and subsequently gained large amounts of weight!  At this point I cannot see myself ever stopping again.  I believe that to be true even though I have a very busy schedule, with a wife and two kids as well as a full time job and a part time business on the side.  Only time will show for sure, so in the meantime I will live, train and blog, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment